Sunday, February 3, 2008

Trash the Dress!



So you dropped some major coin on your wedding dress and you're only going to wear it once!?
If it's going to sit in a closet till the end of time you may as well get some sweet shots out of it first!

That's what Christy did. She and I got together and meandered through downtown Asheville, spent a little time in the River Arts District and even got a few shots at Beaver Lake. She was psyching herself up to go headlong into the water for the grand finale of our shoot but we got the boot from some rent a cop who casually adjusted his vest to show me his badge before informing us this was a private lake. Nerd. So we're saving the wet look for spring.

Even if you've been married for years, these are super fun shoots with no agenda other than having fun and getting some more mileage out of your wedding dress!

This was my first "trash the dress" shoot but, I'm pretty stoked with the results. Christy is a fellow photographer and she was awesome - allowing me plenty of leeway to experiment. Check out her site right here.

It's taken me forever to get these edited and online. I'm pushing through this time; it's 3:30 in the morning, I've got to be up in four and half hours for church and then it's another trash the dress session. Oh, it's my birthday too.

I've wanted to use this song for quite a while in some slideshow but, it never seems to fit. I like it. Gryphyn likes to dance to it. It grows on you. So here ya go. You've got a volume control if you think it's lame :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your best photos yet! Love them all!!

~Valerie

Alicia Sharp said...

I have to say this is the best shoot yet and you did my pics! I totally love this idea!!! A+++++

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

aaron said...

good stuff! i like the rr trax the most bestest

Christy Steadman said...

Zac! OMG! These are fantastic! I love them all! I had so much fun that day with you and trashing my dress! Thanks for these awesome memories!

Anonymous said...

This is my sister, and I absolutly love this!! Zac you are awesome!!!!!

Heather

Dan Johanson said...

quite a bit of love for the zac man here. I have to agreet -- what a great idea zac... You keep setting the bar higher for fellow photogs like me -- thanks, I guess! p.s. is MUST be your first comment from Kyrgyzstan, unless our friend Paul beat me to it.

Laura Kay Photography said...

i love the colors in the shot! amazing! great shoot, you rock!

-laura

Anonymous said...

fabulous!

Kelly Segre said...

What a great session! I love the shots next to the blue car!

Anonymous said...

Amazing shots as always! I can't wait to see more of this kind of thing. And the "start wearing purple" song is actually not too bad really - well, except for the fact that it's as catchy a tune as "It's A Small World" and sounds like it comes from The Russian Mafia's Greatest Hits album. (That singer has quite the accent! ha ha!) But very fun nonetheless! I can totally see Gryphyn jammin' out to that! :)

Jarrad Lister Photography said...

I love your work Zac. Give me a call anytime!