Monday, January 28, 2008

It's been one week since you looked at me...

It was last Monday when, into our life a little rain fell.
Well, it was actually from the city supply but the effect is the same :)

We would like to thank everyone for the outpouring of concern and compassion towards our family. The comments on the blog, the emails and the phone calls have been very encouraging.

Furthermore, I have to give glory to God for his provision through all of this. I'm not one to shout, "Hallelujah" when a sweet parking spot opens up but I will give credit where credit is due.
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
...So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6: 25-34

While we're parked in our driveway, if we leave the car running it stays plenty warm while we're sleeping. The neighbors have been kind enough to lone us the use of their hose, so we're staying clean. The barbeque still works. Really, we're doing just fine :)

ok - that part was a lie.
In reality, we've actually moved up in the world.
We're in a nice hotel with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, a gas fireplace, maid service, an indoor pool, full breakfast every morning, high-speed wireless and three flat screen TV's. They even let us keep the cats. Ordinarily that bit about the cats wouldn't fall under, "blessing."


Here's a little update on the house.
Water got everywhere, They packed up our house and put it all in a warehouse. They tore out all the flooring. They found possibly asbestos tile underneath and are having it tested before removal. They found mold. They tore out most of the kitchen ceiling. They tore out a number of walls. They tore out our kitchen cabinets. And they were removing the toilets and vanities when I left today.


Hi, I'm Will. I'll be destroying your house today.


The dishwasher is all that remains of the kitchen cabinets.

This is the ceiling outside the backdoor - near ground zero.
Apparently insulation was quite expensive at the time so we found supplemental blankets, pants, shirts and numerous newspapers from '63 and '68.


1968

1963

1963



What used to be a much more welcoming living room.

Our new open floor plan.

Stay tuned, we're not done yet!

5 comments:

Alicia Sharp said...

Man, they really demo'd your house! Looks like you wil have an all new house tomcome home to! I love all the papers you found! Very cool! I would definately hold onto them and if I know you, you will! ":)

john.hezel said...

Zach you should say all the neat clippings and make them into a neat collage of some sorts. You all had a picture of suitcases stacked together, you should paste them on the suitcases.

Or....you could just throw them away. *smile*

Hope everything goes smoothly and the house comes all back together.

kudos-
chelsea

Studio P Photography said...

I love the clippings! What a great find even amidst all the mess, huh?! Good luck with your house and your view on the whole thing is an inspiration.

Karen said...

Hey Zac! It's Karen. I'm not sure if my comment is going through. Jolene gave me the link to your page. I found her on myspace. Congrats on the photography. I hope you're well. I've got my own blog as well. Check it out. I hope we can catch up soon. I can't believe you're a dad of 2! Jeremy and I just still have our 2 crazy dogs! :)
Karen Morse

Anonymous said...

Zac....I hated to tear your house apart, and I really, really felt bad for you guys. It seems that all the bad stuff happens to the best people. And, thank you very much for photoing at my wedding. Was awesome having you two there. Looking forward to seeing the pics:)This is Rob btw:)