Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Are you blessed or a blessing?

Kids give you perspective.
Here's a few thoughts I had as I was looking at Gryphyn and Vahn's pictures.


Your kids see you now.

They didn't see you grow up. They will see you as they grow up.
They didn't see you as a nerd or a jock. They will see if you treat them as a nerd or a jock.
They didn't see you go to school. They will come to you as they go through school.
They didn't see you romance their mom. They will look to you to learn romance.
They didn't see how your dad loved you. They will see how you love them.

Your kids will never know the dad you want to be.
Your kids will never know the dad you think you are.
Your kids will never know the dad your friends think you are.
Your kids will never know the dad you intended to be.

Your kids will know you as you are.
Be a good dad.










3 comments:

Alicia Sharp said...

Your boys are so cute! The smallest one looks just like you! Once again amazing photos!

Anonymous said...

I told you before, but I LOVE your poetic-ness! I couldn't agree with you more! And the Little Men look great as always! I especially like the one of Gryphyn in the snow. He had such a good time!

Anonymous said...

These shots are great. You are really on your way.

Thanks for being a good sport with the photo I posted on the forum