Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day fun

I had a good Father's Day :)
Gryphyn and Vahn woke me up by yelling and jumping on me. Gryphyn told me to sit up so he could give me a hug; I've had worse demands made of me.
Our church decided to meet at Azalea Park today and just hang out together; it's cool to shake it up occasionally. We talked a while and let the boys run around and play. Then it was off to Lake Powhatan - this was yesterday's plan but we got rained out. So today we made the mile or so hike down to the lake with the jogging stroller and the various peripherals that toddlers require. We played in the water for a few hours and then made the hike back but, now with sand in our shoes. My Men passed out on the hike out so we headed home to chill with Papa John's and some movies.
"No Country For Old Men" was promising and even compelling for a while but, ultimately tanked hard. I'm glad I saved the latest "Rambo" to watch second - much better, at least as far as entertainment value goes.
Along the way I found time to call my dad and catch up for about 45 minutes or so.
Gryphyn and Vahn woke up during the first movie so we took a break and played with dad's present he got this morning - a remote controlled VW bus! We actually played with it periodically throughout the day but I was inspired to make a video this time.

The video edit is pretty rough but I think it accurately captures the 13 seconds of planning that went into it.



And here's a few shots of what makes me happy - what makes me "dad".
These were the day before Father's Day.







No comments: