Monday, September 24, 2007

Swing batter, batter!

Alrighty! My first slideshow!
I heard some noise the other day coming from down the road at the Enka High School. I figured there was a football game going so I grabbed my camera bag and headed over. Well, as you can tell it wasn't much of a football game but, they did have some kids taking some mean swings at a few baseballs. I rolled in kinda' late so these shots are from a few different games going on at the same time.  I'm not sure what age the girls teams were but the couple I met told me the boys were 5-8 year olds. I thought that was a pretty big spread since some of the guys knew what they were doing and others, well...  not so much  :)
I had a great time watching these kids play! I didn't know anybody and I got a few stares (which tends to happen when a strange guy pulls out a huge camera around children) but here's the pictures - to alleviate any fears :)
I only got one email address while I was there and I tried looking online for someone who might be in charge of the league. So hopefully this link will trickle down to the parents of the kids so they can check it out for themselves. If you're just such a parent - I hope you like the pictures. Let me know what you think. 

1 comment:

A.Poston said...

Loved the slideshow! You took some great pictures, and yeah...I can see how some parents were probably staring at you. LOL. I would want those pictures of my children though, if you had taken them, so maybe they will find out about this and get them! :)