Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Movin' along

I'm not really sure why I'm writing this since nobody even knows this blog is out here. Getting into the blogging habit I suppose.
I've looked at about six thousand websites in the last few days trying to figure out what I want to incorporate into mine. I tell Jolene it's work - I think she believes me  :)
I decided on a website design and I'm corresponding with that company. Hopefully that'll be online (is that a pun?) pretty soon. 
I spent a number of hours today in Aperture and Photoshop deciding on what to put on my business cards and then actually designing them. In hindsight I can definitely see the benefits of a template but they're so LAME! I'm sure everyone will dig my exhaustively nit picked, clean design. Those have been ordered - I made sure I got about 300 for everyone I know. 
I keep meaning to put up a picture for my profile. It'd be easy right now to just use my iSight camera and snap one but I'm sitting here in an ancestral t-shirt with afro-puff hair and I haven't shaved my legs in 30 years, so I'm gonna have to hunt through some pics and find something decent.  
I've shot a number of weddings with my pretty average gear but, since my clients will be expecting the best when they book me, I went shopping online last night and made sure I'd be bringing the best tools of the trade to their weddings. Pretty much replaced everything I own as it relates to photography. That was kinda fun - getting stuff I could normally never justify in the wee hours without the wife looking over my shoulder. Of course, she was the one who took the call today from the credit card company who was checking to make sure everything was kosher :)   If no one ends up hiring me I'm pretty sure I can get a good price for one of my sons on eBay. So, no worries - I've got a financial plan all worked out. I wonder how that would work for shipping? Overnight... I guess. 
Well, once again it's turned into tomorrow as I sit here in front of the iMac. I hear Vahn waking up - I'm off. 

1 comment:

Dan Johanson said...

zac, you've always had the eye for photography and even inspired me to get into it more. Ah, the adventure at the Grand Canyon in '93 (by the way, how lame was that how we drove up there for the sunset and drove back the same night...) Keep up the blog - it will be a great chronicle of how to start (and not to start ;) ) a photography business.