Thursday, October 18, 2007

A cool find

I was driving on Riverside Dr. the other day to go check out an old train I was told about. I've had some clients express interest in getting some shots done with it and I thought it would be a good idea to look it over ahead of time.
There's a group of five or six cars slowly being reclaimed by the earth, sitting directly in front of the GDS trash facility. Some interesting smells occasionally wafted my way. Pleasant, yes? (that was for you, Mandy :)
One of the managers came over and asked if I worked for the company that owned the cars and would I be taking them away. He wasn't really pleased when he found out I had no idea who owned them.
They're surrounded by weeds with lots of thorns - which had me walking on top of the cars mostly. But then there were the numerous spiders with their gigantor webs that made it fun climbing down. I came across a huge bee/wasp? that was fortunately chilled out enough to let me get a few inches from him to get a picture.
So, here's a few images that I came away with.






You can just start to see the train tracks emerge from the undergrowth towards the top of the image.
I thought it was pretty cool.

2 comments:

Alicia Sharp said...

These are some very awesome photos!!!! I love them and would love to see the train!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are great pics! And thanks for the shout-out. ;)