Thursday, October 25, 2007

Extreme River

Here's some cool lads that I met up with last weekend.
Shawn, Barry and River.
Shawn saw some of my shots from a previous shoot and asked if I'd be interested in coming out to Flat Rock to get some pictures of River. Well I was and I did and we had a great time walking around the Carl Sandburg property and getting to know each other. What started as a River shoot turned into a full-on family shoot. And what appears to be a perfect shoot still had it's pitfalls: Barry spent some time doing recon for a lost set of sunglasses, Shawn had an unpleasant encounter with a goat that required some hand sanitizer, River cut his gums chewing on grass and I locked my keys in my car.
I must have made a good impression because these guys were so awesome; they drove me all the way back to my house for my other set of keys. A good 65 miles - Cool lads indeed.
I'm definitely going to have to pick up the dinner tab next time we get together!

The weather and the light were perfect though and we came away with some great images.
Check 'em all out!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures... Wonderful Art Work. Extreme photographer... Thanks for a great day.
Barry

Alicia Sharp said...

Aww, you got some great photos of them! I know they will love them!

Alicia Sharp said...

I keep coming back to these pics. You can see the love in this family thru these pics. They are so very heart touching. Dana's friend Alicia!

Anonymous said...

You never cease to amaze me Zac. My friends look truly amazing in these pictures!!! They are such a beautiful family anyway so I know your job wasn't hard this day of shooting. River, Shawn, & Barry...you are all gorgeous!! These pics really capture your true essence of the great people you are. Rock on Zac!! Dana...Avian's Mom

Jeremy said...

I stumbled upon your blog while surfing local blogs at blogger.com. Just had to tell you that all of your photos are beautiful, and these are particularly striking. Best of luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Shawn and Barry, it seems our friendship has been forever, I'm very proud of you guys. When I look at your pictures I see Love, Faith, Honor, Commitment, and I see a young man who has been given opportunities in life that would not have happen otherwise. I see the love and happiness in his eyes and his smile. Great photography.Carol