Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Family Man

You didn't think I could go a day without taking pictures did you?
Well I did go a whole day without taking pictures of anyone but MY family.

I tried to set today aside as a family day and I was mildly successful. I only checked on one location for a shoot, met with one client, and spoke with two others on the phone. I checked my email BUT, I didn't send any.
Gryphyn and I took a trip to the Home Depot and he got to ride in dad's VW bus - one of his favorite things :)
We attempted to take a trip to the Nature Preserve but it was mobbed with people (police directing traffic, etc) We went on from there to take some family pics but the light was horrible and the Men fell asleep while we were driving so we headed home for naps.
After naps I broke out the Nikon and instead of grabbing some of my awesome new glass, I went old school with my 50mm f1.8 - A simple setup for all of today's shots.

We even took some time after shooting to try a Thai place on Patton that we've been meaning to get to. It was very much a hole-in-the-wall: the entire menu hung from the ceiling over the counter, there were four tables total, one big TV with rabbit ears, a cork board full of old business cards and Christmas lights and brass elephants for ambiance. Two whole employee's - the Thai cook in a t-shirt and backwards baseball hat and an Australian guy who took our order from behind the counter (while we were sitting at the table). The food was palatable but, I think were still looking for "our" Thai restaurant.

Jolene got the boys to bed - multiple attempts with Gryphyn. He did get up once and pee'd in the toilet for me - my big Man!
Then we sat down and watched "300" which we got in the mail from Blockbuster the other day. Sort of a Braveheart/Gladiator hybrid filmed on the set of Troy and doused with some Sin City. It's not in the league of the former but way better than the latter. Pretty cool overall.
Now I'm blogging my day and headin' to bed.

I think this is our first real family picture since Vahn was born. FYI - this is probably what I'll be rolling up in if you ask me to take some pictures for you.


My big Man

Also a budding Apprentice

Mr. Smalls

I'm blessed - I'm well aware

2 comments:

Alicia Sharp said...

Glad you got some family time and family pics in this weekend! My hubby cannot wait to see your VW up close! Cannot wait for OUR shoot this Saturday! Thanks a bunch!!

Anonymous said...

Zac, I see you have some great subjects to practice on...you have a beautiful family! Thank you for sharing your talent with my family...Dana